A sacred contract, as Caroline Myss defines, is our life purpose; and if we don’t understand our purpose in life, and thus don’t follow it, we can struggle with depression, anxiety, fatigue, and eventually physical illness. I can honestly say that since I was 13, I have struggled with depression and anxiety.
I feel as though I haven’t been living aligned with who I really am or what my real purpose is in life. I believe that my purpose is to be honest when others are not. To be open when others are not. To share and offer insight when others cannot. I have been doing this – but in small ways as a teacher, counsellor, therapist, friend, family member, and spouse. I believe my purpose in life now is to use my voice honestly and openly, in written form, on a global stage. BUT I am so scared! I am scared of judgement. I am scared of losing the stability in my life when I make another leap. So I haven’t really been doing the blog whole heartedly in the way that I want. Hello Julie!! You am losing your vitality every moment that you delay stepping into your authentic self. So the time is now…time to follow my intuition.
I believe that we are all one – connected spiritually, like in the movie, Avatar. In the movie, they are all connected to the Tree of Souls and their braids connect each other; they feel whomever they are connected with – like an internet of souls. I know we are all connected because I feel it. I feel connected to everything and everyone. When I see a look on someone’s face, I feel it vibrate in my body. When something happens to someone, I can feel it happening to me. Although everyone can – because of their mirror neurons. Sometimes I think I feel more because I am an INFP (Myers Briggs). Now more than ever, I believe I can FEEL because I am supposed to use that ability, with my ability to teach, write, and speak, to help others see and understand what I see. To use who I am and the life I have lived (my training) to help make the world a better place.
I believe, since we are all energetically connected (neurons carry an electrical pulse), that our purpose is to help each other increase their energy. We do that by acting out of love (our higher power) rather than out of fear (our lower power – our animal brain – our EGO – our thoughts of self). How do I act out of love towards other people? I need to start by loving myself, in every moment, of every day. (I am working on this!) To love myself in my thoughts and my actions. Then love will flow out of me when I am interacting with others. Even if they are just reacting to facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, words, or action because we are all connected. I believe if I stay grounded, and connected with the people and things that give me energy, then I can lead with love and carry out my purpose in life.
By living this way, I believe I will increase my vibrational energy and evolve towards self-actualizion. Then I can help others do the same. Then the world will achieve a greater level of consciousness. We will all act out of love instead of out of fear. I have been tentative and scared to really put myself out there. Moving forward I will remember that if I act out of love, then everything will be as it should be. All will be well…
So how do you find out what your sacred contract is?
- Take this quiz, Personality Test based on C.Jung and I. Briggs Myers
- Write down your 4 letters and percentages
- Go to this website and read about your personality type
- Write down the positive adjectives and verbs that resonated with you about who you are.
- Pay attention to what makes you mad, sad, happy, and calm. Write it down in you phone or in a journal. Then do less of what makes you sad and mad and more of what makes you happy and calm. (I know easier said then done. More on how to do that later!)
- Meditate on the question, What am I supposed to do in my life? Ask for guidance in noticing the people who are meant to guide you on your path.
- Remain grounded …. when you are feeling stressed out, press the pause button. Breath, go to the bathroom, close your door and meditate for 2 minutes, have a 20 minute nap, go for a walk, call a friend, journal, take a break and do something different like exercise, cook, read a book, colour, shoot some hoops. Whatever you need to feel relaxed again. We can’t listen to our bodies for the answers on how to navigate our life if we are clouded with emotion.
- Ask a friend what you are good at, what they admire you for – your personality and skills.
- Read the Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
- Read Caroline Myss’ book, Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential
I truly believe that the answer to what we are supposed to do in our lives is inherently in all of us. I think our fears and insecurities cloud our intuition. So if we can quiet our minds and calm our emotions, I believe your body will guide you on your path in life. Trust yourself!